Governance and Compliance
Pursuant to CMS regulation, the ESRD Network 18 Board of Directors must include:
- Representatives from a variety of healthcare settings, not to exceed 20 total members;
- At least one consumer representative;
- A membership under which at least two-thirds of its members are independent and have not been compensated by the Network within the last year for non-Network Board services;
- A membership of which officers comprise no more than 20 percent;
- A cap of six (6) years of consecutive service, with a possible exemption of one (1) member when the board consists of 1-5 members and an exemption of two (2) members with the board consisting of 6-10 members. No Network Board member shall exceed nine (9) consecutive years of service; and
- Reimbursement for all reasonable travel expenses incurred by the member in connection with attending a meeting. For purposes of the reimbursement of travel expenses, “reasonable expenses” shall be determined by the Corporation in accordance with the General Services Administration’s regulations. A member who attends a meeting by electronic communications shall not be entitled to receive any travel expense reimbursement for that meeting.
The composition of Network 18 Board of Directors and is as follows:
Board of Directors
|Name||Position||Date of Appointment||Length of Appointment||Affiliation|
|Scott A. Rasgon, MD||Vice Chair/MRB Chairperson||January 2016||3 years||Kaiser Permanente|
|Kamyar Kalantar-Zadeh, MD||Board Member||January 2016||2 years||University of California|
|Joseph Lee, MD||Board Member||January 2016||3 years||Fresenius/DaVita|
|Dylan Steer, MD (ESCO)||Board Member||January 2016||3 years||Balboa Nephrology Medical Group|
|Gerri Lewis||Board Member||January 2016||3 years||Desert Cities Dialysis, Victorville, CA|
|Lorene Wood||Board Member||January 2016||1 year||Patient Representative|
|Wendy Skinner||Board Member||January 2019||2 years||Patient Representative|
Anyone interested in being considered for a volunteer position with the Network BOD, MRB, PAC, or NC is encouraged to call us directly at
888-268-1539 or toll-free at 800-637-4767.
If you have any questions, please contact Stephanie Hutchinson, Executive Director at 888-268-1539.