Preparing the ESRD community for an emergency before it occurs is a priority at Network 18. Living with a chronic illness that requires ongoing life sustaining treatment makes being prepared of the utmost importance. On this page you will find resources to help you to get prepared and stay connected in the event of an emergency or natural disaster.
To notify us of your facility closure, complete the Facility Temporary Closure / Interruption in Service Form and return it to the Network.
Information about facility closures in your area.
Disaster Planning Resources
- Kidney Community Emergency Response Coalition (KCER) – Provides technical assistance to ESRD Networks, Medicare Organizations, healthcare providers, patients, and other groups to ensure timely and efficient disaster preparedness, response and recovery for the kidney community
- “Mutual Aid Agreement for the Provision of Dialysis Services” – Sample agreement for dialysis facilities (Word Document)
- Patient Emergency Identification Card (PDF)
- Clamp & Cut – “How to Get Off of a Dialysis Machine in an Emergency Evacuation” (PDF)
- Clamp & Disconnect: “How to Get Off of a Dialysis Machine in an Emergency Evacuation” (PDF)
- Disaster Preparedness: A Guide for Chronic Dialysis Facilities, 2nd Edition
- Preparing for Emergencies: A Guide for People on Dialysis (English)
- “Key Information To Have On Hand To Help Individuals With Kidney Failure During An Emergency Or Disaster” – Kidney Community Emergency Response (KCER) Coalition
- Summer Safety (PDF)
- Summer Safety (PDF – SPANISH)
KCER (Kidney Community Emergency Response) Coalition – www.kcercoalition.com
The Kidney Community Emergency Response (KCER) Program provides technical assistance to End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Networks to ensure timely and efficient disaster preparedness, response, and recovery for the kidney community. Also included on the site are resources for emergency management preparedness and response for individuals, patients, staff and organizations.