The ESRD Quality Incentive Program was developed to improve patient outcomes by providing incentives for dialysis facilities to meet or exceed performance standards established by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The links below are resources for the ESRD QIP and the ESRD QIP Measures.
- Payment Year 2016 ESRD QIP Final Rule
- CMS.gov website: ESRD QIP information and resources
- In-Center Hemodialysis Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (ICH CAHPS): ICH CAHPS information and resources
- National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) – Information, resources and training regarding NHSN Dialysis Event reporting
- CDC: “Core Interventions for Dialysis Bloodstream Infection (BSI) Prevention” – CMS encouraged adoption and implementation of interventions for the prevention of infections per the NHSN Bloodstream Infection in Hemodialysis Outpatients measure
- DialysisReports.org: Website providing technical specifications and methodology for QIP measures. Also provides a link for facilities and State Surveyors to access Dialysis Facility Reports
- CROWNWeb website: CROWNWeb information and resources