It is the facility’s responsibility to comply with HIPAA regulations and CMS Security Policies for protecting PHI and PII. All security violations are reported to CMS by the Network.
The Network 18 document Preventing Security Violations at Your Facility will:
- Educate facility staff on how and why it is important to protect patient information
- Staff will learn why e-mailing, mis-sending, and sending unrequested PHI/PII are security violations
- Staff will be able to identify HIPAA and CMS security regulations
- Ensure all facility staff are accountable
- Staff will learn the difference between PHI and PII
- Prevent QIMS and CROWNWeb-related security violations
- Eliminate all facility security violations
- Staff will learn steps to prevent security violations at their facility
Learn how your facility can protect patient information and prevent security violations, and submit the list of facility staff who have reviewed the materials to the Network.